New applicants must complete the following pre-service training requirements prior to licensure:
- Child Growth & Development/Behavior Guidance (one of the following ways):
- One 4-hour course: Developmentally Appropriate Behavior Guidance
- Two 2-hour courses in Knowledge and Competency (KCF) area II.C.
- Two 2-hour courses (1 KCF I + 1 KCF II.C.)
- Supervising for Safety (6 or 8 hours)*
- Pediatric CPR
- First Aid
- SUID – Sudden Unexpected Infant Death*
- AHT – Abusive Head Trauma*
- Child Passenger Restraint (if going to transport children)
*Department of Human Services approved trainings only. Trainings can be completed in-person or online and can be accessed on the Develop website.