Libraries Parks

Child Care

Register for Child Care Assistance

​Provider must register with Dakota County by completing a provider registration packet before being able to bill the County for child care assistance.

Daycare centers and licensed providers
Daycare centers and licensed family homes complete and return:

  • Provider Registration and Acknowledgement
  • W-9 Request for Taxpayer Information
  • Accreditation Request form (if applicable)
  • A copy of their Holiday and Absent Pay policies
  • A copy of their current daycare license
  • A copy of their current rate sheet

Legal non-licensed providers
Legal non-licensed providers complete and return:

  • Provider Registration and Acknowledgement
  • W-9 Request for Taxpayer Information 
  • Authorization for background study form for provider and each household member age 13 up
  • First Aid Training verification
  • CPR Training verification
  • A copy of MN driver’s license or MN ID
  • $100 background check fee
  • A copy of provider policies (if applicable)
  • Accreditation Request form (if applicable)

Legal non-licensed providers can only provide care in the provider’s home. The Child Care Assistance Program cannot make child care payments to someone who resides in the same home as the child. Payments cannot be made for child care that is provided in the child’s home unless approved by the Child Care Assistance program.

For both licensed and legal non-licensed providers, the county can only pay up to the maximum rates. This rate is set by the state of Minnesota.  If the provider’s rates are higher than the county's maximum rate, the parent pays the difference.

If the parent is eligible for child care and the provider is registered and approved, then the county will send a Service Authorization  to both the provider and the client.  Billing forms  will also be sent to the provider. The provider then submits the billing forms for payment.

Last updated: 11/12/2012 10:25 AM