Dakota County staff works closely with federal, state and local emergency preparedness partners to improve our readiness and response to natural disasters and other emergencies.
- The County continually evaluates hazards and seeks ways to keep preparedness at the highest level.
- Detailed response plans are prepared, tested, and modified.
- Training exercises conducted throughout the year help maintain staff proficiency; teach us how to locate, communicate with, and work with our partners; and improve our ability to respond to emergencies.
- The County educates residents, businesses, schools and community organizations about possible emergencies and how to best prepare.
- Our emergency responders are well-skilled and coordinated to provide quick and effective response.