Before residents can enter any Dakota County courthouse, they must complete a security screening.
Residents will need to remove belts and coats and empty pockets. This screening can include walking through a metal detector, exposure to a hand-held metal detector or a pat-down search.
All packages are subject to X-ray or hand search.
Items not allowed in the courthouse
- Firearms unless carried by a licensed peace officer who is on active duty and on official business
- Bladed instruments or cutting tools (any size)
- Electronic incapacitation devices
- Chemical incapacitation sprays
- Combustible or flammable liquid
- Any other item designed or carried as a weapon capable of producing death or great bodily harm
- Any replica or toy version of the above listed items
- Any item prohibited by judicial order or district court policy
- Any other items that point-of-entry screening personnel consider in their discretion to be a security threat, including, without limitation, chains, padlocks, handcuffs, handcuff keys, bats, blunt objects, pointed objects, and aerosol sprays