Dakota County now has the ability to use Skype for Business outside of the network. This includes:
staff on their home computers, without a VPN connection
staff on mobile devices (iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile)
entities invited to online meetings by County staff
Downloading Skype for Business on Home PCs
Dakota County staff can install Skype for Business on their home PCs. You will have all the
capabilities of Skype for Business that you have from your work computer, including IM,
Presence, Audio/Video calls (provided you have a microphone or webcam), and
If you would like to have Skype for Business installed on your home computer, follow the instructions listed below.
Staff members with smartphones or tablets can now use Lync. To connect your
Skype for Business mobile client to Dakota County’s system, you will need to enter the
- Your county email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your county network account (in the
format of CORE\xxxx1)
- Your password
Communicating with external entities using Skype for Business
County staff can communicate with
external entities through Skype for Business in two different ways:
- Invite external entities to Skype for Business online meeting
External users will click on the “Join Online Meeting” link in the meeting request email. If they don’t already have Skype for Business installed, they will need to use the web-based client (requires a small plugin install on the external users machine)
- Add external entities to Skype for Business contact list
Employees can add external entities to their Skype for Business contact list provided.
- The external party has Skype for Business in their organization.
- The external party’s organization has a federation agreement with Dakota County IT If there is a business need to federate between Dakota County and an external organization, please submit a request to Dakota County Information Technology at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or issues with this please contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.