The Affordable Housing Coalition (AHC) of Dakota County is an independent, public/private collaboration that facilitates county-wide planning of homeless services and resources. It serves Dakota County residents and people experiencing homelessness in four capacities:
- The local planning committee for Continuum of Care processes in Dakota County, including preparation of annual submissions and funding applications to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Find out more about the Housing and Urban Development Homeless Grant.
- The advisory group for Dakota County's Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) grant from the State of Minnesota.
- The convener and leadership for Heading Home Dakota, a vision and plan to end homelessness in Dakota County in ten years.
- An advisory group for Dakota County on matters pertaining to homelessness and affordable housing.
Affordable Housing Coalition Bylaws
Heading Home Dakota Plan
Heading Home Dakota Implementation Guide
Questions about the Affordable Housing Coalition may be directed to Madeline Kastler, Housing Manager, Dakota County Social Services.
If you are experiencing a housing crisis
Please call 651-554-5751 or visit the Housing Assistance webpage.
Housing and Homelessness — Get Involved
The Affordable Housing Coalition needs your help to end homelessness in Dakota County.
The following are some of the ways you can join our efforts:
- Read – Read the Heading Home Dakota Plan to End Homelessness or visit the Heading Home Dakota website.
- Donate or volunteer – Contact Rebecca Bowers, Dakota Heading Home Coordinator
- Provide housing – If you are a landlord with an available unit, please contact Lisa Bah, Dakota County Supportive Housing Unit Supervisor.
- Participate – Attend Dakota County Affordable Housing Coalition meetings on the fourth Thursday of every month, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Please contact Madeline Kastler, Housing Manager, Dakota County Social Services for location information.
If you are experiencing a housing crisis, please call 651-554-5751 or visit the Housing Assistance webpage.