The Dakota County Communities for a Lifetime initiative brings together residents, local businesses, community organizations, cities, and county staff to create networks of vital, accessible communities.
What makes a Community for a Lifetime?
- Transportation options to help keep people mobile and independent.
- Sidewalks and paths that are walkable for transport and exercise.
- A full range of affordable housing options as needs change.
- Accessible and quality services that support older adults and caregivers in home and community settings.
- Flexible and supportive employment and volunteer opportunities, including intergenerational activities.
- Effective technology to connect people and help with life's activities.
Visit the Resources and Links page for additional information.
Communities in Dakota County are holding Community Conversations as an initial step to forming a Community for a Lifetime. For more information, contact Jess Luce, Communities for a Lifetime supervisor, at 651-554-6104.