Libraries Parks

Child Support

Sending & Receiving Payments

Making support payments
If child support enforcement services are being provided, support payments must be sent to the Minnesota Payment Center to be credited to the case. Non-custodial parents can send payments to:

MN Payment Center
PO Box 64326
St. Paul, MN 55164-0326

You must include your 10-digit participant number with the payment for proper crediting. If you do not have your participant number, contact your assigned case worker or call 651-554-5909.

Most child support payments are collected through income withholding through an employer. The employer has seven business days to send the payment to the Payment Center after taking the money from the payroll check.

Receiving support payments
The payment center will send the payment to the custodial parent through direct deposit of funds into a checking or savings account or add the amount to a stored value card. You may be charged a 2-percent fee if money is collected. If receive child support collection services through the County, report any direct payments you get from the other parent to your worker.

If a non-custodial parent is paying child support the county will monitor the case for payments and compliance with the court order. Income withholding orders will be sent to employers or payors of funds.

Last updated: 2/14/2013 3:39 AM