The resources below are available to business that requires an alcohol or tobacco license:
- Digital age verification calendar: How to order a digital, programmable age verification calendar from the FDA. The calendar helps retailers determine if a customer is old enough to legally purchase tobacco products.
- FDA website for Retail Sales of Tobacco Products: The federal minimum age of sale of tobacco products was raised from 18 to 21 years. It is now illegal for a retailer to sell any tobacco product – including cigarettes, cigars and e-cigarettes – to anyone under 21. FDA will provide additional details on this issue as they become available.
- Preventing Sales to Intoxicated Patrons: Recommended policies from the University of Minnesota.
- Safe Bars: Free training to recognize the signs of sexual violence.
- Dakota County Tobacco Licenses
- Dakota County Alcohol Licenses
- Warning Poster: Print poster from Washington County regarding age requirements, penalties and drinking during pregnancy warnings.
Online Alcohol Server Training
Training reduces the chance of incidents resulting in liability lawsuits. Many liquor liability insurance companies offer substantial premium discounts to businesses that have this training.
Online Tobacco Training and Resources
This information trains clerks on how to correctly sell tobacco and tobacco-related products to prevent underage youth from purchasing these products. This helps decrease the use of tobacco and protect your business from any violation fines.
For questions about the compliance check process or to request support for your business or community, please contact public health at email@example.com.