The council seeks input from parents, former consumers, providers, and others about the needs of children with emotional disturbance in the local area on services needed. Bylaws.
The Children’s Mental Health Local Advisory Council (LAC) increases awareness of mental health. Despite an increased understanding of the underlying biological basis to mental health disorders, individuals with mental health issues often face negative judgments or actions from others. Find out about mental health awareness letters.
The members of the Children's Local Advisory Council for Children's Mental Health are representatives of the following areas:
- Collaborative Representative
- Dakota County Children’s Mental Health Supervisor
- Previous Consumers of Children’s Mental Health Services
- School Professionals
- Mental Health Professionals
- Dakota County Community Probation Officer
- Youth members
- Dakota County Public Health Nurse
Father of a child with a mental health concern, educator, youth members (ages 14 to 17)
Second Monday of every month, from 4-6 p.m.
Western Service Center, 14955 Galaxie Ave - Meeting room varies.
Mark Oster, 952-891-7452
Joan Pirner - Chair
Diane Allen - Vice Chair