Help Me Grow provides resources for families to understand developmental milestones and learn if there are concerns. This helps families take the lead in seeking additional support or referring their child ages
0–5 for a comprehensive, confidential screening or evaluation at no cost.
If you have concerns about your child's development, you can refer the child for a developmental screening or evaluation. Early childhood experts from your local school district will contact you. Refer a Child online or call Help Me Grow Minnesota at 1-866-693-4769.
Early Childhood Special Education numbers for each school district
- District 191 Burnsville/Eagan/Savage: 952-895-6652
- District 192 Farmington: 651-463-5067 (0–3); 651-463-5066 (3–5)
- District 200 Hastings: 651-480-7446
- District 199 Inver Grove Heights: (age 0–3) 651-306-7575; (age 3–5) 651-306-7313
- District 194 Lakeville: (age 0–3) 952-232-3054; (age 3–5) 952-232-3043
- District 195 Randolph: 507-645-5959
- District 196 Rosemount/Apple Valley/Eagan: 952-388-1900
- District 06 South St. Paul: (age 0–3) 651-306-3682; (age 3–5) 651-457-9497
- District 197 West St. Paul: 651-403-8390
Dakota County Interagency Early Intervention Committee
This committee develops local public awareness plans and activities to identify and refer children to Early Childhood and Early Intervention Services in Dakota County. This committee also monitors and evaluates the current child find and identification system, engages in problems solving, needs assessment and resource development to ensure young children and their families in Dakota County have access to early intervention and community resources to address their child's special needs.
The group is currently made up of representatives of nine school district Early Childhood Special Early Education Coordinators, Dakota County Public Health, Dakota County Social Services, CAP Agency Head Start, Early Childhood Mental Health Provider, & Health Care Providers.
- Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 11, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 9, 2-3:30 p.m.
Location: Meeting changes location monthly.
Contact: Janell Schilman, Interagency Coordinator, 952-891-7449