If you have concerns about your child's development, you can refer the child for a developmental screening or evaluation. Early childhood experts from your local school district will contact you. Refer a Child online or call Help Me Grow Minnesota at 1-866-693-4769.
Early Childhood Special Education numbers for each school district
- District 191 Burnsville/Eagan/Savage: 952-895-6610
- District 192 Farmington: 651-460-3845 (0–3); 651-460-3883 (3–5)
- District 200 Hastings: 651-480-7446
- District 199 Inver Grove Heights: (age 0–3) 651-306-7575; (age 3–5) 651-306-7313
- District 194 Lakeville: (age 0–3) 952-232-3054; (age 3–5) 952-232-3043
- District 195 Randolph: 507-645-5959
- District 196 Rosemount/Apple Valley/Eagan: 952-388-1900
- District 06 South St. Paul: (age 0–3) 651-306-3682; (age 3–5) 651-457-9497
- District 197 West St. Paul: 651-403-8390
Dakota County Interagency Early Intervention Committee
This committee engages in problem solving, needs assessment and resource development to ensure young children and their families in Dakota County have access to early intervention and community resources to address their child's special needs.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants for children with special needs
Grants are available for young children with special needs receiving Early Intervention or Early Childhood Special Education Services through their school district.
Early Childhood Mini Grant Application
Early Childhood Mini Grant Guidance
For more information, contact email@example.com.