Libraries Parks

Veterans Services

Getting Started

To be eligible for benefits, you must be one of the following:

  • Veteran
  • Spouse
  • Surviving spouse
  • Child or parent of a deceased veteran
  • Active duty military service member
  • Member of the Reserves or National Guard

Discharge Document (DD 214) and Military Service Records
For most benefits, you will need to provide military personnel records. You can receive free copies of your Discharge Document and other military and medical records by:

Other documents you may need to get started

  • Civilian medical records
  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificate
  • Identification card or proof of residency
  • Military medical records
  • Military personnel file

Staff at Dakota County Veteran Services can assess to see what benefits you may be eligible to receive. Please contact them at 651-554-5601 for next steps.

Last updated: 11/13/2012 10:08 AM