Get items fixed or mended for free and learn useful repair skills at an upcoming Fix-It clinic.
Skilled volunteers help you figure out what's wrong and fix your broken items. Clinics build community and reduce the amount of stuff thrown in the trash.
Fix-It Clinic dates
Download a Fix-it Clinic Flyer
Wescott Library — Saturday, Oct. 16, noon–3 p.m.
1340 Wescott Road, Eagan
Heritage Library — Saturday, Nov. 20, noon–3 p.m.
20085 Heritage Drive, Lakeville
Our Lady of Guadalupe Church — Saturday, Dec. 4, 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
401 Concord St., St. Paul
Sign up to be notified about future Fix-It Clinics.
Attend a partner clinic:
Anoka County Fix-It Clinic
Hennepin County Fix-It Clinic
Ramsey County Fix-It Clinic
Washington County Fix-It Clinic
Things to remember
- Learn from your fixer — ask questions and be an active participant in the repair process.
- We can't guarantee an item will be fixed, but we'll give it our best shot.
- You're responsible for properly disposing of non-fixable items, but we'll help connect you to the right disposal information.
- Sewers can make minor repairs, mending, hemming pants and skirts and zipper troubleshooting. No major alterations will be possible. If necessary, our sewers will try to provide recommendations for alternative repair services.
What to bring
There is a three-item limit and you must be able to carry items in – no oversized items. Feel free to bring any parts and supplies you think might help with the job. Our volunteers have plenty of tools, but please bring any tool unique to your item.
The following are examples of things that have been repaired at Fix-It Clinics:
- Radios and stereos
- Clothing to mend - must be clean
- DVD players
- Coffee makers
- Sewing machines
- Toasters and toaster ovens
Volunteer at a Fix-It Clinic
Bring your problem-solving skills as a fixer or mender to a Fix-It Clinic. Volunteer fixers who have skills in soldering, electronics repair, electrical repair, sewing, wood working and general tinkering are essential to making the clinics successful.
Sign-up online to volunteer at a Fix-It Clinic or contact Kirsten Wahlberg at 952-891-7595.
Fix-It at Home Video Series
Join Fix-it Clinic volunteers as they demonstrate simple repairs and maintenance of everyday items.
Ramsey County has additional repair videos focused on how to mend clothes or maintain household items at home. Find them on the Ramsey County website.
Other repair resources
ReUSE Minnesota—online directory of repair businesses in Minnesota
iFixIt.com—online free repair guide for electronics