1. Complete the METRO Orange Line Extension Scoping Study.
2. Complete the Principal Arterial Study.
3. Implement recommendations from the East- West Transit Study.
4. Implement County Board decision on Historical Society Needs Assessment (and South St. Paul Library needs assessment).
5. Meet statutory requirements to revise the Dakota County Solid Waste Master Plan and implement the Metropolitan Solid Waste Management Policy Plan (2016-2036).
6. Assist the business community in meeting the state business recycling mandates and help the County make progress toward 75% recycling goal by 2030.
7. Complete preparation of the Natural Resources Management System Plan (NRMSP); continue removal of non-native and invasive species in County Parks.
8. Improve the system response for justice involved persons with mental and/or chemical health needs by developing alternative responses to incarceration and increasing opportunities for integrated service delivery.
9. Support and partner with the CDA in efforts to further the Board's economic development objectives.
10. Continue to support and grow a strong volunteer base by expanding the number of volunteer opportunities within Dakota County and increasing the number of volunteers with 2+ hours worked by 20 percent by the end of 2017.
11. Improve capital facilities to meet current and growing transportation, Parks, Fleet, and public safety needs.
12. Establish a long-range vision for Dakota County's 2040 Comprehensive Plan by revising and updating goals and policies to be included in the 2018 plan draft.
13. Improve the election process within Dakota County along with cities, townships and school districts. Ensure convenient access for voters, and provide accurate and timely results. Communicate in a timely manner to Dakota County residents and the State of Minnesota.
14. Continue efforts to advance governance reform of the Metropolitan Council.
15. Provide frequent and accessible updates to County financial information.
16. Co-create strategies and tactics to impact areas of identified concentrated poverty in South St. Paul by working with academia, neighborhoods, schools, nonprofits, businesses and other stakeholders.
17. Improve users' experience when applying for permits/licenses or paying for services by providing on-line applications, purchasing and payment options.
18. Improve communication and collaborative services for inmates that have mental health and chemical dependency needs.
19. Provide proactive, responsive, and timely communication to the public and other stakeholders via social media and other tools.
20. Work to meet the current and future growing demands and costs associated with electronic crimes investigations.
21. Provide external review of the County’s financial condition in a cost-effective manner.
22. Participate in the Integrated Emergency Management Course.
23. Promote transparency by providing high-quality audio and video access to County Board meetings.