1. Develop County Board decision and initiate plan in response to South St. Paul community decisions.
2. Implement a Birth to Age 8 Initiative leveraging a newly-built technology solution.
3. Partner with Lyft, Inc. to pilot the use of Lyft’s affordable and on-demand transportation model for individuals with specialized transportation needs.
4. Complete the renovation of the Galaxie Library, and complete the design and start renovation of both the Pleasant Hill and Heritage libraries.
5. Complete the METRO Orange Line Extension Study.
6. Begin the Eastern Dakota County Transit Study.
7. Decrease the number of people experiencing a housing crisis.
8. Complete the Principal Arterial Study.
9. Implement a Pathways to Prosperity & Wellbeing pilot.
10. Monitor traffic implications of the Vikings facility.
11. Raise awareness of the issues of substance abuse faced in Dakota County and cultivate evidence-based programs to both help addicts rehabilitate and prevent others from becoming addicted.
12. Enhance and restore County Parkland and Regional Greenways.
13. Implement the Dakota Broadband Joint Powers Organization.
14. Advocate for State bond funding for a regional public safety facility and for Metropolitan Council governance reform.
15. Implement the Board’s revised Strategic Plan.
16. Conduct the 2018 elections in a manner to ensure accuracy and timeliness as well as convenient access for voters.
17. Start the design and construction of the first phase of the Maintenance Facility Optimization Study implementation plan.
18. Complete the update to the Dakota County Comprehensive Plan.
19. Develop an Enterprise Risk Framework and complete the high priority items from the Information Security Workshop.
20. Initiate website redesign.
21. Reduce the number of items in the Sheriff’s property room.
22. Assess the impact of current public engagement strategies and evaluate additional engagement opportunities in terms of impact.
23. Significantly extend the operating life of the Byllesby Dam while reducing operating costs and increasing power generating capacity.