To send mail to inmates at the Dakota County Jail, please use the following address:
Dakota County Law Enforcement Center
P.O. Box 247J
Hastings, MN 55033
To send mail to female inmates that are boarded at the Ramsey County Workhouse, use the following:
Ramsey County Workhouse
297 South Century Ave.
Maplewood, MN 55109
Items that can be sent by mail
- Greeting cards
- Money orders (The jail is not responsible for money mailed to inmates.)
Items that are not allowed
Items listed will be "returned to sender" or placed in the inmates property.
- Mail that is perfume-scented or has lipstick kisses and marks.
- Inappropriate photos (sexual or gang-related).
- Cards that have a musical insert, that are decorated, or that have glue, glitter or stickers.
- Postage stamps, envelopes, and blank paper.
- Printed materials such as newspapers, books or magazines.
- Personal bills and mail received at their home.
- Cash, personal checks, and payroll checks.
- Business cards or brochures of any kind.
You can send funds to an inmate by:
Money orders made out to the inmate can be mailed using the address above.
You can make an online deposit into an inmate’s account. Please follow the instructions at on the Inmate Canteen website. For issues regarding inmate accounts, contact TurnKey Corrections directly at 715-386-5700.
At the Law Enforcement Center, 1580 Highway 55, Hastings, there is a kiosk that you can deposit money via cash or credit cards. It will automatically credit the inmate's account. The jail lobby is open 24 hours per day.