Dakota County has established routes for twin-trailer trucks to travel into, through and out of the County. These truck routes connect with state highways to freight distribution facilities located within the County. Twin-trailer truck configurations must also comply with all Minnesota statutes that apply.
According to Minnesota Statute 169.87, local authorities can petition the state's Commissioner of Transportation to establish routes. The Commissioner of Transportation has the authority to designate certain highways as truck routes. When these highways have been marked as truck routes, trucks shall comply with the order. If the trucks are caught off these routes, they would be ticketed and fined.
- County Road 9 (Dodd Blvd.) – From County Road 70 ( 215th) to 220th St.
- County Road 26 (Lone Oak Rd.) – From Highway 55 to Eagandale Blvd.
- County Road 28 (Yankee Doodle Rd.) – From Highway 149 (Dodd Rd.) to Mike Collins Dr.
- County Road 43 (Lexington Ave.) – From Highway 55 to Gemini Rd.
- County Road 70 (215th ) – From I-35W to Humboldt Rd.
See Dakota County’s twin-trailer truck routes below.