Dakota County requires a permit for the following:
- To participate in the Adopt-A-Highway program.
- To work within the county right-of-way.
- To construct an approach or access connection, such as a driveway, street, or field entrance, to the county highway system.
- To install any utilities within county road right-of-way.
- To hold any special activities impacting county roadways.
- To move overweight and oversized loads over county roads.
- To allow low-maintenance landscape plantings on county road right-of-way. Those receiving the permit are responsible for maintenance.
Fees will be charged where applicable, prior to issuing permits.
For more information or to apply for a permit, go to the Highway Permits page or contact the Right of Way/Permits Coordinator at 952-891-7115.