Dakota County requires a permit for the following:
- To participate in the "Adopt-A-Highway" program.
- To work within the County right-of-way.
- To construct an approach or access connection, such as a driveway, street, or field entrance, to the County highway system.
- To install any utilities within County road right-of-way.
- To hold any special activities impacting County roadways.
- To move overweight and oversized loads over County highways.
- To allow low-maintenance landscape plantings on County Highway right-of-way. Those receiving the permit are responsible for maintenance.
Fees will be charged where applicable, prior to issuing permits.
For more information or to apply for a permit, go to the Highway Permits page or contact the Right of Way/Permits Coordinator at 952-891-7115.