Dakota County awards Veterans' Preference Points to qualified veterans and spouses of veterans in accordance to Minnesota Statues 197.46, 197.455, 197.447 and 197.48.
Documentation is required in order to determine status and eligibility requirements. View status types and documentation requirements.
If you are applying for Veterans' Preference Points, supporting documentation must be received by the close date and time of the position you are applying for in order to be considered. Any candidates with a preference status change must notify our office by calling 651-438-4435.
Veterans' Preference Point documentation should be submitted to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 651-438-8178
- Mail : Dakota County Employee Relations, 1590 Highway 55, Hastings, MN 55033.
Do not attach documentation to your application.
Veteran's preference points are included in the score if:
- The veteran's preference section of the employment application is completed.
- The applicant meets the minimum qualifications.
- The supporting documentation is provided.
- The claim for preference is approved.