Libraries Parks

Highway Permits

Annual Oversize Vehicle Permit

​This annual permit allows vehicles to carry loads up to 14.6-feet wide, 14-feet high, 95-feet long and under the posted weight limit per axle up to a total vehicle gross weight of 180,000 pounds. 

Most of Dakota County highways are restricted to 9 ton per axle, except:

Approved Dakota County 10 Ton Routes

  • CSAH 5 between TH 13 and CSAH 46
  • CSAH 23 between CSAH 70  and TH 77
  • CSAH 28 between TH 13 and TH 149
  • CSAH 31 between CSAH 50 and TH 13
  • CSAH 32 between TH 13 and US 35E
  • CSAH 42 between Scott County Line and TH 55
  • CSAH 46 between CSAH 5 and Interstate-35
  • CSAH 46 between CSAH 23 and CSAH 47
  • CSAH 47 between TH 3 and CSAH 80
  • CSAH 47 between Highway 52 and Highway 61
  • CSAH 50 between CSAH 23 and TH 3
  • CSAH 70 between CSAH 23 and Interstate-35W
  • CSAH 80 between CSAH 47 and TH 50

The permitted weight limit on annual permits are not valid during seasonal weight restrictions — separate permits are required.

Fee: $250.00

Apply online
Read the One Stop website instructions to familiarize yourself with the new system.

New User
Returning User

Apply by mail/fax
Print the AnnualOversizePermitApplication.pdfAnnual Oversize Permit Application, fill it out and mail or fax it to the address at the top of the form.

For more information or to apply for a permit, contact the Right of Way/Permits Manager at 952-891-7115.

Credit card refund policy
All requests for refunds must be made in writing and include the following information: requestor’s name, company name (if applicable), complete mailing address, daytime phone number, refund amount requested and the reason for the refund.

Send your refund request to the Dakota County Permit Office, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124.

Last updated: 12/22/2015 8:38 AM