This annual permit allows vehicles to carry loads up to 14.6-feet wide, 14-feet high, 95-feet long and under the posted weight limit per axle up to a total vehicle gross weight of 180,000 pounds.
Most of Dakota County highways are restricted to 9 ton per axle, except:
Approved Dakota County 10 Ton Routes
- County Road 5 between Highway 13 and County Road 46
- County Road 23 between County Road 70 and Highway 77
- County Road28 between Highway 13 and Highway 149
- County Road 31 between County Road 50 and Highway 13
- County Road 32 between Highway 13 and US 35E
- County Road 42 between Scott County Line and Highway 55
- County Road 46 between County Road 5 and Interstate 35
- County Road 46 between County Road 23 and County Road 47
- County Road 47 between Highway 3 and County Road 78
- County Road 47 between Highway 52 and Highway 61
- County Road 50 between County Road 23 and Highway 3
- County Road 70 between County Road 23 and Interstate 35W
- County Road 78 between County Road 47 and Highway 50
MnDOT Bridge Weight Restrictions
MnDOT has approved bridge crossings without a separate state permit for legally spaced axle weights for 9 and 10 ton axle weight limits on Dakota County highways, with up to a maximum of 220,000 pounds total vehicle weight, subject to the following restrictions:
If gross vehicle weight is more than 136,000 pounds, contact MnDOT Bridge Office for approval over the following:
- Bridge over US 52 at Dakota County Highway 88 in Randolph Township.
- Bridge over I-35W at 195th St. in Lakeville.
The permitted weight limit on annual permits are not valid during seasonal weight restrictions — separate permits are required.
For rules and guidelines, see General Conditions for Oversize Vehicles.
Read the One Stop website instructions to familiarize yourself with the new system.
Apply by mail/fax
Print theAnnual Oversize Permit Application, fill it out and mail or fax it to the address at the top of the form.
For more information or to apply for a permit, contact the Right of Way/Permits Manager at 952-891-7115.
Credit card refund policy
All requests for refunds must be made in writing and include the following information: requestor’s name, company name (if applicable), complete mailing address, daytime phone number, refund amount requested and the reason for the refund.
Send your refund request to the Dakota County Permit Office, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124.