This permit allows a vehicle that does not meet the state’s legal size and/or weight standards, a one-time pass on a Dakota County highway. Most of Dakota County highways are restricted to 9 ton or 10 ton per axle, except:
Approved Dakota County 10 Ton Routes
- CSAH 5 between TH 13 and CSAH 46
- CSAH 23 between CSAH 70 and TH 77
- CSAH 28 between TH 13 and TH 149
- CSAH 31 between CSAH 50 and TH 13
- CSAH 32 between TH 13 and US 35E
- CSAH 42 between Scott County Line and TH 55
- CSAH 46 between CSAH 5 and Interstate-35
- CSAH 46 between CSAH 23 and CSAH 47
- CSAH 47 between TH 3 and CSAH 80
- CSAH 47 between Highway 52 and Highway 61
- CSAH 50 between CSAH 23 and TH 3
- CSAH 70 between CSAH 23 and Interstate-35W
- CSAH 80 between CSAH 47 and TH 50
MnDOT Bridge Weight Restrictions
MnDOT has approved bridge crossings without a separate state permit for legally spaced axle weights for 9 and 10 ton axle weight limits on Dakota County highways, with up to a maximum of 220,000 pounds total vehicle weight, subject to the following restrictions:
If gross vehicle weight is more than 136,000 pounds, contact MnDOT Bridge Office for approval over the following:
- Bridge over US 52 at Dakota County Highway 88 in Randolph Township.
- Bridge over I-35W at 195th St. in Lakeville.
Get county road construction information.
Fee: $25 up to 220,000 pounds, then $25 per 100,000 pounds over
Read the One Stop website instructions to familiarize yourself with the new system.
Apply by mail/fax
Print the Oversize Vehicle Permit Form (9 tons per axel) or Oversize Vehicle Permit Form (10 tons per axel), fill it out and mail or fax it to the address at the top of the form.
For more information or to apply for a permit, contact the Right of Way/Permits Manager at 952-891-7115.
Credit card refund policy
All requests for refunds must be made in writing and include the following information: requestor’s name, company name (if applicable), complete mailing address, daytime phone number, refund amount requested and the reason for the refund.
Send your refund request to the Dakota County Permit Office, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124.