This permit allows a vehicle that does not meet the state’s legal size and/or weight standards, a one-time pass on a Dakota County highway. Dakota County highways are restricted to 9 ton or 10 ton per axle, except:
- During Spring Load Restrictions
- County Road 81 from CSAH 66 to State Highway 50 north of Hampton (posted 7 ton)
- County Highway 80 bridge just west of Hampton (posted up to 28 tons)
- County Highway 80 bridge at Denmark Ave. (posted up to 40 tons)
- County Road 90 bridge at Hayes Ave. (posted up to 32 tons)
Approved Dakota County 10 Ton Routes
- CSAH 5 between TH 13 to CSAH 46
- CSAH 23 between CSAH 70 to TH 77
- CSAH 42 between Scott County Line to CSAH 23
- CSAH 46 between CSAH 5 to Interstate-35W
- CSAH 47 between TH 3 to CSAH 80
- CSAH 47 between Highway 52 to Highway 61
- CSAH 70 between CSAH 23 to Interstate-35W
- CSAH 80 between CSAH 47 to TH 50
Get county road construction information.
Online applications for Oversize Vehicle Permits will move to a new system, starting June 3. Read the One Stop website instructions to familiarize yourself with the new system.
Apply by mail/fax
Print the Oversize Vehicle Permit Application, fill it out and mail or fax it to the address at the top of the form.
For more information or to apply for a permit, contact the Right of Way/Permits Manager at 952-891-7115.
Credit card refund policy
All requests for refunds must be made in writing and include the following information: requestor’s name, company name (if applicable), complete mailing address, daytime phone number, refund amount requested and the reason for the refund.
Send your refund request to the Dakota County Permit Office, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124.