Dakota County's Empire Transportation Facility, is the central location for the County's highway maintenance and construction fleet. Durability, low maintenance and flexibility are important building features that enhance daily operations.
Sustainable features of the Transportation Facility
- Recycled bituminous paving, reusing resources and saving energy.
- Natural linoleum made with non-petrochemical, natural materials, saving resources.
- Day lighting in office areas, saving energy.
- Recycled/remanufactured paints, saving resources.
- No paint where reflected light is not an issue, reducing maintenance.
- Occupancy sensors for lights in offices, restrooms, and locker rooms, saving energy.
The Empire Transportation Facility warehouse received an EPA Energy Star rating of 100 out of 100 in 2009, establishing it as one of the most energy efficient buildings in its category.