The Dakota County Supportive Housing Unit completes all intakes for Dakota County families with minor children and single adult women to enter the Dakota Woodlands Family Shelter in Eagan.
Eligibility for a shelter placement
To be eligible for placement in the shelter, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Dakota County resident:
- Dakota County is County of Financial Responsibility (CFR); or
- Physically present in Dakota County and not open to another county for financial or social services; or
- Open to Dakota County Social Services
- Must provide proof of homelessness through proper documentation such as a legal eviction or threat of an eviction from a landlord or homeowner (statements from tenants, friends, and/or family members are not acceptable forms of verification).
- Must be willing to turn over all available income to the shelter for room and board expenses (minus a personal needs allowance).