Matrix Emergency Shelter
Shelter services will be provided on a space-available basis to single adults who are 18 and older, are connected to Dakota County and need a safe place to sleep at night. The shelter will be open beginning Nov. 1, 2018 and will be located at various sites in Dakota County. Call 651-319-2153 to be screened for a bed and for details of the shelter.
The Bridge for Youth
Shelter services will be provided to unaccompanied youth under the age of 18. Text 612-400-SAFE (7233) or call 612-377-8800.
Dakota Woodlands Family Shelter
The Dakota County Supportive Housing Unit completes all intakes for Dakota County families with minor children and single adult women to enter the Dakota Woodlands Family Shelter in Eagan. Call the Housing Crisis Line 651-554-5751 Ext. 1 for more information.
Eligibility for a shelter placement
To be eligible for placement in the shelter, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Dakota County resident:
- Dakota County is County of Financial Responsibility (CFR); or
- Physically present in Dakota County and not open to another county for financial or social services; or
- Open to Dakota County Social Services
- Must provide proof of homelessness through proper documentation such as a legal eviction or threat of an eviction from a landlord or homeowner (statements from tenants, friends, and/or family members are not acceptable forms of verification).
- Must be willing to turn over all available income to the shelter for room and board expenses (minus a personal needs allowance).