Get all the latest information on taxes at the following sites:
IRS Tax Question Video
Free Tax Preparation
You may qualify for free tax preparation at various locations across Minnesota. You can generally get help at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site if any of the following are true:
- You are age 60 or older
- You are a person with a disability
- You speak limited or no English
- Your annual income is less than $54,000
In addition, the AARP Tax-Aide program offers free tax preparation for all taxpayers, particularly those who are age 50 or older. AARP Tax-Aide sites do not have income or age restrictions. Both programs will only prepare basic returns.
- Prepare + Prosper: Free tax services in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Hopkins, and Bloomington. Prepare + Prosper isn’t just taxes. They also offer financial products and services at their tax sites. You can also call 651-287-0187.
- Find a Free Tax Prep Site: Free help for low- to moderate-income individuals who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. For the nearest location, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
- My Free Taxes: Easy, safe, secure and 100 percent free tax filing resource from the United Way and a partnership with H&R Block.